TALAKAG, Bukidnon — Two members of the Communist Terrorist Group (CTG) have voluntarily surrendered to authorities in Talakag, Bukidnon, and turned over firearms and live ammunition, police said, in another development highlighting the continuing disengagement of former insurgent supporters from the armed group.

The surrender was facilitated by the 1004th Maneuver Company (MC) of the Regional Mobile Force Battalion 10 (RMFB 10) under the Police Regional Office 10 (PRO10) at about 12:55 p.m. on August 16, 2026, at Sitio Masimag, Barangay Tagbak, Talakag.
Police identified the surrenderers as alias “Tagyao,” 35, married, and a resident of Barangay Lantud, Talakag, and alias “Morsid,” 33, married, and also a resident of the area.
According to PRO10, both men were identified as members of the Militia ng Bayan (MB) of Platoon Fury, Sub-Regional Committee 5 (SRC-5), North Central Mindanao Regional Command (NCMRC), a unit of the CTG.
Authorities said the two previously served within the group’s support structure, particularly in providing food and other logistical requirements to its members.
Their decision to leave the organization, police said, was influenced in part by the experiences of former CTG members in their community who had already surrendered and returned to the fold of the law.
The two reportedly observed the changes in the lives of their former comrades after they disengaged from the armed group and received assistance and support through various government programs.
Seeing what police described as the positive changes experienced by those who had already surrendered prompted Tagyao and Morsid to make the same decision.
Rather than continue their involvement with the CTG, the two chose to abandon their participation in the armed group, seek an opportunity to rebuild their lives, and return to civilian life under government authorities.
Firearms, ammunition surrendered
During the surrender, Tagyao turned over one caliber .38 revolver and two pieces of live .38 ammunition.
Morsid, meanwhile, surrendered one improvised shotgun and two pieces of live 12-gauge ammunition.
The firearms and ammunition were taken into police custody for proper documentation and disposition.
The two former CTG members, along with the surrendered weapons and ammunition, are currently under the custody of the 1004th MC, RMFB 10 for custodial debriefing, profiling, and documentation.
Police said the procedures are intended to properly document their surrender and facilitate the appropriate processing of their cases and possible assistance under applicable government programs.
PRO10 welcomes surrender
PRO10 Regional Director PBGen Christopher N. Abrahano welcomed the voluntary surrender, describing the decision of the two former CTG members to abandon the armed struggle and return to the fold of the law as a positive development for both the individuals and the community.
Their surrender, he emphasized, contributes to efforts aimed at promoting peace and creating safer communities in Bukidnon.
The police regional office continues to encourage members and supporters of armed groups to abandon armed involvement and take advantage of government mechanisms available to those who choose to return to civilian life.
The latest surrender also underscores the role of communities and former members in encouraging individuals still involved with armed groups to consider leaving and pursuing peaceful means of livelihood and rebuilding their lives.
For authorities, the voluntary turnover of firearms alongside the surrender represents not only a reduction in the number of weapons potentially available to an armed group, but also another opportunity to bring former members back into the mainstream of civilian society.