TAGOLOAN, Misamis Oriental — Authorities intensified their anti-drug campaign after arresting two suspects and confiscating more than ₱850,000 worth of suspected shabu in separate but closely timed operations in Barangay Sta. Cruz on March 25, 2026.

In a joint buy-bust operation conducted at Zone 12, personnel of the Tagoloan Municipal Police Station, in coordination with the Misamis Oriental 1st Provincial Mobile Force Company, apprehended a high-value individual identified only as alias “Plong-plong,” 33, a resident of the area.

Seized from his possession were approximately 60 grams of suspected shabu with an estimated Standard Drug Price (SDP) of ₱408,000. Also recovered were a .357 magnum revolver, five rounds of live ammunition for the firearm, one 5.56 caliber bullet, assorted drug paraphernalia, and personal belongings.

Authorities said the suspect was immediately informed of his constitutional rights in a language he understood, in compliance with Republic Act 7438. He is now detained at the Tagoloan Municipal Police Station while the confiscated substances are set to undergo laboratory examination at the Regional Forensic Unit-10.

Charges for violations of Sections 5 and 11 of Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002, as well as Republic Act 10591 or the Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act, are being readied for filing in court.

Meanwhile, in a separate operation in Zone 11-A, also in Barangay Sta. Cruz, authorities arrested another suspect identified as alias “Migo,” 48, a construction worker and painter, after he was found in possession of approximately 66 grams of suspected shabu valued at ₱448,800.

Police disclosed that “Migo” is a repeat offender who had previously served nine months in jail for a drug-related case but was released through plea bargaining. His latest arrest marks his return to detention, where he now faces fresh charges for illegal drug possession and trafficking.

Combined, the two operations resulted in the seizure of around 126 grams of suspected shabu with a total estimated value of ₱856,800, underscoring the persistent drug activity in the area despite ongoing enforcement efforts.

Provincial Director PCOL AL M. Abanales of the Misamis Oriental Police Provincial Office lauded the operating units for their vigilance and commitment.

“We commend our personnel for their dedication in ensuring the safety and security of our communities. Our commitment to a drug-free province remains strong. We will not relent in our efforts to protect our people,” Abanales said.

Authorities reiterated their call for community cooperation, emphasizing that sustained public support remains crucial in the government’s intensified campaign against illegal drugs.

PAGE TOP