CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY — Operatives of the Police Regional Office 10 (PRO-10) arrested a Top 1 Regional Priority Target and seized more than ₱510,000 worth of suspected shabu during a buy-bust operation in Ramonal Village, Barangay Camaman-an on March 11, 2026.

Authorities identified the suspect only by the alias “Manoy,” 62, a married but unemployed resident of the area who had been listed as the Top 1 Regional Priority Target since November 2024 in Northern Mindanao’s anti-drug campaign.
The anti-illegal drug operation was carried out by personnel of the Regional Police Drug Enforcement Unit 10 (RPDEU-10) in coordination with the Cagayan de Oro City Police Office Regional Intelligence Division (RID-10) and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency Regional Special Enforcement Team 10 Bravo.
Illegal drugs, paraphernalia seized
Police reported that the operation resulted in the confiscation of nine heat-sealed sachets containing a white crystalline substance believed to be shabu weighing approximately 75 grams, with an estimated Standard Drug Price of ₱510,000.
Also recovered during the operation were:
- A black wallet used as a container of the suspected illegal drugs
- A black keypad mobile phone believed to have been used in drug transactions
- One genuine ₱1,000 bill used as marked buy-bust money
The seized substances were immediately turned over to the Regional Forensic Unit 10 for qualitative and quantitative laboratory examination to confirm their composition and weight.
Suspect resisted arrest
Police said the arrest was briefly disrupted when the suspect allegedly resisted and struggled with an arresting officer as authorities attempted to place him under custody.
During the scuffle, the police officer sustained minor bruises and a bite mark. The situation was quickly brought under control, and the suspect was eventually subdued by the operatives without further incident.
Following the operation, the suspect was brought to the Maharlika Detention Facility, where he is currently under temporary detention while legal proceedings are being prepared.
Charges under Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act
Authorities are preparing to file charges for violations of Sections 5 and 11, Article II of Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 (Republic Act No. 9165), which penalize the sale and possession of illegal drugs.
PRO-10 chief lauds operatives
PRO-10 Regional Director Christopher N. Abrahano commended the operating units for the successful operation and reiterated the police force’s commitment to intensifying the campaign against illegal drugs in Northern Mindanao.
“The arrest of a top regional priority target underscores the effectiveness of our intensified and intelligence-driven anti-illegal drug operations,” Abrahano said.
“PRO-10 will continue to pursue high-value targets and dismantle drug networks to ensure safer communities across the region,” he added.
The police official also called on the public to remain vigilant and actively support law enforcement efforts by reporting illegal drug activities in their communities, emphasizing that community cooperation remains vital in the fight against illegal drugs.